Saturday, November 5, 2011

Books Save Lives

In this case the life that was saved was mine. I was a depressed little 7th grader with medical issues lost in a world were no maps exist, when my older sister gave me a book. That book was Twilight (place I have allotted for everyone to judge me for 7 seconds; yes 7 because 5 is too main stream and I didn't want to do 10, 7. . . 6. . . 5. . . 4. . . 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . 0). It was not the subject or theme of the book that saved me or the reason why I am so thankful for it, it's because Twilight was the first teen book that I had ever read. It opened up a whole world for me to explore, to get my mind off of real life and into the lives of the characters in the books. Since it was my first book I did become one of those crazy teens with the life-sized Edward Cullen standing poster (its staring at me now ._. ), but I got over it and started to explore different books in different categories. I am now 16. I have 2 full book shelves in my room. I still have medical issues and am depressed. But now I am fine, what happens happens and I have a life ahead of me and good books to read. 
                                                                              Michaela Lydon
p.s. link for contest: http://bethrevis.blogspot.com/2011/10/show-gratitude-for-booksand-win-19.html

No comments:

Post a Comment